We’re hiring for multiple positions at the Winery. See all here. If you don’t see an open position, feel free to get in touch with a resume and cover letter. We’re always interested in hearing from exceptional candidates.
Are you excited to create new customers, develop relationships with existing customers, and gain satisfaction generating sales via their own initiative. The candidate must be comfortable with proactively interacting and selling to customers, striking up an immediate wine-focused conversation (training provided).
- Sell wine bottles to customers based on their preferences
- Sign up Wine Club and Wholesale Club Memberships by delighting customers with membership benefits
- Expand sales with customers by developing authentic relationships – move beyond the transaction
- Inform passersby and customers about our nearby winery and encouraging weekend visits
- Offer tastings and wine by the glass and bottle with the above noted points in mind
Sales Associate is expected to
- Proactively engage with passersby outside of store front, developing a quick rapport based on a wine-related conversation
- Ask questions about prospective buyers’ wine preferences
- Educate guests regarding our wines, vineyards, and brand history
- Make wine recommendations based on customer’s interest
- Offer tastings and wine by the glass, bottles, and light snacks with requisite preparation and cleanup
- Follow up with customers by email and/or phone with tasting notes, new wines, and other info that may be of interest to generate sales
- Open, close, and operate cash registers, POS system, and Wine Club system
- Maintain Tasting Room, keeping it tidy, organized, and notifying manager of inventory needs
- Handle Wine Club release pickups
- May include other responsibilities
- Wipe down all surfaces used by guests before and after use
- Clean and polish glassware
- Swiffer bathroom floor (2 minutes) and clean toilet (1 minute) every few days
- Sweep Tasting Room inside and outside as needed
- Dust and swiffer-mop floor in spots as needed
- Set up A-frame sign and other sales props and bring back in each day
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledgeable and gracious manner
- Quickly become knowledgeable about our wines, winery, Wine Clubs, current promotions, etc.
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to remain standing and actively working for 4-hour shift (no sitting)
- No personal cell phone use
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitary guidelines as set forth by Santa Clara County, State, and Federal agencies, including social distancing and face mask requirements in providing a safe workplace for you, other employees, vendors, and guests
- Complete all job duties in a correct and timely manner and by following all company policies and procedures
Currently, the Tasting Room is open 5 days per week from 2-6 pm or 2-7 pm. We currently have a need for a staff member for Thursdays. Could include a second day and can be a fill in for staff members when they are on vacation. For additional days, staff member could work at winery as well on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Option for working a 4-hour shift 1, 2, or 3 days per week
- Periodically, we have additional staffing opportunities for more hours
Los Altos minimum wage of $15.65 per hour plus tips and other monetary incentives based on performance.
Los Altos Tasting Room is a satellite location of Byington Vineyard & Winery, located in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Learn more at http://www.losaltostastingroom.com and http://www.byington.com.
Please respond to this ad with a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.